NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The “Let Hawaii Happen” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 20, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as a 24-hour period, beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET. The Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Sweepstakes and will solely determine the time by which an entry is received.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of AllTheRooms.com (the “Sponsor”), the Whaleman Foundation, Matchfire Co. LLC, Marden-Kane, Inc., their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other suppliers to Sponsor and the immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) (collectively “Releasees”) and persons living in households of each, whether or not related are ineligible to enter or win a prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
HOW TO ENTER: Go to http://lethawaiihappen.promocampaigns.com/ (the “Web Site”) any time during the Promotion Period. Complete the required information on the entry form, which may include, among other things, full name, e-mail address and telephone number as prompted. Entrant must complete the entry form with all required information and click ”SUBMIT” for the entry to be eligible.
Limit of one entry per day per person/email address. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. All information must be complete to be eligible. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter Sweepstakes is prohibited.
PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: A whale watching trip out of Dana Point, CA with an appearance and meet and greet by Adrian Grenier presented by the Whaleman Foundation. Prize includes: [i] round trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s home to John Wayne Airport (SNA) in Orange County, CA; [ii] and two (2) night’s standard double occupancy hotel accommodations; and two (2) tickets to board the whale watching boat. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000. All Federal, State and local taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the individual winner. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Additional conditions of Grand Prize trip:
- The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s travel agent, unless otherwise noted. Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor which will be based upon the availability of Adrian Grenier to participate in the whale watching trip. Winner will be given a minimum of thirty (30) days notice of the actual date of the trip.
- Should Adrian Grenier not be available to participate in the whale watching excursion for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponements, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the Sponsor shall have no liability or further obligation to the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny participation to the winner and/or his/her guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Adrian Grenier or any other person on the watching excursion.
- Winner and guests must possess and are responsible for obtaining and must have valid ID or other required documentation for travel.
- Guests traveling with Grand Prize winner must be at time of Grand Prize fulfillment 18 years of age or older unless he/she is the child of the Grand Prize winner, in which case the Grand Prize winner or other parent or legal guardian of such minor travel companion must sign a release on his/her behalf.
- Winner and guest must not have any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent them from taking part in the Grand Prize.
- Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
- Winner is bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third party service providers used in connection with the Grand Prize.
- Sponsor is not responsible if tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or other similar items are lost, stolen, or misplaced by Winner and will not be replaced or if booked transportations are missed, cancelled or delayed for any reason.
- The Grand Prize does not include any other incidentals not mentioned in these Official Rules such as, but not limited to, ground transportation to/from winner’s home/departure airport or at the destination, special seating assignments, baggage fees, alcoholic beverages, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. All other expenses not stated herein as part of the Grand Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- Actual value of the Grand Prize depends on winner’s residence or departure city and time of travel. Specifics of Grand Prize package are subject to availability and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability. Some blackout dates may apply and itinerary is subject to change. Other restrictions may apply.
- Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. The Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The Winner or his/her guest must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for incidentals (including room service, mini-bar and pay-per-view television) and/or damages to the hotel room.
- Releasees will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the trip.
- Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules.
DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about December 22, 2016 for all eligible entries received, under the supervision of Marden-Kane, Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified by email on or about on or about December 22, 2016. Potential Winner will be required to complete, sign, and return  an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and; where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”);  an IRS Form W-9 and furnish his/her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law;  a Travel Information Form; and  both the potential Winner and their guest will be required to complete a Travel Release Form. Complete documents must be returned within five (5) days from prize notification date or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. Failure to timely return any documents requested, return of prize notification as undeliverable, or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in such potential Winner being disqualified. Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential Winner, and an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants, or, if minors in his/her state of jurisdiction, their parent or legal guardian, agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, entry submission, and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Prize winner agrees to consent to such in writing. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in these Official Rules. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below. If a potential Winner (i) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (ii) fails to timely return the required paperwork without alteration and in the form presented by Administrator; (iii) refuses the prize; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is rejected or returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to be deemed a winner in the Sweepstakes and receive the prize, then that potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected through a random drawing by the Administrator from the remaining entries. Prize must be accepted as awarded. If the prize is won by an eligible individual who is not of the legal age of majority in the state of residence (“minor”), the required documents must be confirmed and signed by winner’s parent or legal guardian. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, and biographical information without further compensation.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Electronically reproduced, mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. By participating, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder from which the entry is made. Caution: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of New York. Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries or; for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or process any transaction thereon. If in the Sponsor’s opinion, for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void his/her entry and/or prevent him/her from future participation) who tampers with the entry process and/or who is acting in violation of these Official Rules, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and at Sponsor’s discretion conduct the judging to award the prize using all eligible non suspect transactions and entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: a.) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event shall Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures at their discretion.
PRIVACY: Information collected from Entrants is used only for the purpose of awarding prizes, operating the Sweepstakes consistent with the Official Rules and to notify Winners, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by Sponsor or any third parties unless Entrant has opted-in to receive additional information and promotional material from Sponsor or a third party. Once the Sweepstakes, including any known or unknown extensions of the Sweepstakes, has ended, all information supplied by Entrants will be removed from the database.
OPT-OUT: If you do not want to receive future Sweepstakes offers from AllTheRooms.com, you may change your preferences at http://alltherooms.us7.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=d2688a0f42bdafbaacbde6123&id=fd3e5165d4.
WINNERS LIST: To request the list of winners, send an e-mail with subject line: Let Hawaii Happen Winners to email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than January 20, 2017. The list will be sent when the drawing has been conducted and the Grand Prize Winner verified.
SPONSOR: AllTheRooms.com, 712 Fifth Avenue, Floor 6, New York, NY 10019.
ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd, Woodbury, NY 11797.
The Whaleman Foundation and/or Adrian Grenier are not a Participant in or a Sponsor of this Promotion nor do they endorse or support this promotion in any way, and their names and logos are registered trademarks of each.
© 2016 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.